Sheikha Intisar Al-Ali Al-Sabah
Sheikha Intisar Salem Al-Ali Al-Sabah is an unusual personality, with unlimited ambition, who loves life. She wanted to spread positive thinking in society, so she founded first, Al-Nowair initiative to create a social and behavioral difference. Then she created Bareec program that aimed to create a positive educational environment in high schools. Ministry of Education adopts it in its new plan for the development of education, as adopted by the Supreme Planning Council in the development program within the vision of Kuwait 2035, under the slogan “New Kuwait.”
She is an inspirational and creative figure. She has won many awards for her excellence and active role in serving the community. She is a person who believes and works for positive change. She has succeeded in adding the positivity in the community and has succeeded in promoting the sparkle with future generations.
Based on her deep belief that the arts are capable of developing and rising nations, Sheikha Intisar founded “Lulua Production House” to produce films aimed at promoting Kuwaiti identity. She founded the first Cinematic Band and produced four films that won international and local awards.
Sheikha Intisar aspires to a better life for all. And because she believes in the empowerment, support, and care of women, she founded the Intisars Foundation for the rehabilitation of women refugees by theatrical expression treatment.
Sheikha Intisar is from a royal family; she is the daughter of His Highness Sheikh Salem Al-Ali Al-Sabah. She learned a lot from her father’s qualities. She is, therefore, a person capable of giving, spreading positive thoughts and happiness to anyone who sees or deals with her and always seeks to make a positive change in society through all her activities and events, and through a series her articles.
As for education, Sheikha Intisar got her education in English school and studied political science at the Faculty of Social Sciences at Kuwait University.
Projects and Publications:
- In 2011, Sheikha Intisar Al-Sabah launched the Dubai-based publishing house ‘Lulua’, with the slogan “You are.. But… Better simply”. She focused on publications that stimulate, inspire and promote psychological and physical well being. Intisar started the Good Health Arabic magazine, which concerns for the mental and physical health of women and family. Also, Vacations & Travel magazine.
- She published a book in 2012 that full of wisdom and inspiration titled “Words of Gold”, a unique book of art in the Arab world, which brought together images and inspirational words of 46 Kuwaiti personalities. Some of them were later nominated for the State of Kuwait Award. That book received wide public appeal and praises from Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, and all the Kuwaiti embassies abroad.
- On 20 March 2013, coinciding with the first United Nations International Day of Happiness, Sheikha Intisar established the non-profit “Al-Nowair” initiative, which was her biggest contribution to the development of her beloved country Kuwait.
- In 2014, she published a series of short booklets to enhance the personal strengths and to develop his self-abilities. The books are: How to see the rosy life, get rid of what hinders your progress, to self-esteem, to discover your hidden talents, to be grateful, to prove yourself, to emotional intelligence, to remain calm in a troubled world, to live free and stop feeling guilty, to be kind to yourself, and to develop the joy of living in your daily life.
- In 2014, Sheikha Intisar founded Lulua Production House.
- In 2015, Sheikha Intisar launched Prismologie is a natural mood-enhancing beauty brand that harnesses the transformative power of colors. Inspired by color psychology, Sheikha Intisar Co-Founded Prismologie with her daughter Sheikha Fatima Al-Sabah. Together they created an array of products for daily use that will help you embrace a renewed and improved state of mind.
- In 2017, Sheikha launched the “Intisars” brand, which combines the love of original Arabian heritage and Italian craftsmanship. Half of the jewelry proceeds are allocated to the Intisars Foundation.
- In 2019, in coinciding with national holidays, Sheikha Intisar launched the film “Saet Zaman” in cinemas.
- She takes care of the environment by organizing a beach cleaning campaigns and protecting green turtles.
- She is a member of the Executive Committee of Bayt Abdullah Children’s Hospice since 1999.
- She was elected in 2013 as a member of the jury of the Arab Women Award.
- She was elected in 2014 as a member of the board of the Faculty of Social Sciences at Kuwait University.
- Since 2015, he has been a member of the Kuwaiti Journalists Association, a member of the Arab Journalists’ Union and a member of the International Federation of Journalists.
- In 2017, Sheikha Intisar collaborated with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to establish the first Middle East conference entitled “Women in War” to highlight the challenges faced by women living in war-torn areas.
- In 2018, Bareec program was selected as part of the Development Plan in the vision of “New Kuwait”.
- In 2018 she founded the Intisars Foundation, a UK-based charity organization.
- In 2017, she won the Arab Women Award for its role in promoting the role of women in society through its development initiatives.
Awards and honors:
- In 2012, she received a certificate shield of Honor from TEDx Safat.
- In 2012, she received an honorary shield from the WAN-IFRA.
- In 2013, she won the grand prize in the Kuwait Creative Competition.
- In 2014, she received a certificate of honor from the United Nations House.
- In 2014, she won the title of the most powerful Arab personality in the humanitarian field by a referendum in the magazine ” Sayidaty”.
- In 2017, She won the Arab Women Award for her role in promoting the role of women in society through its development initiatives.